Terii’s Cycling Babble

Puppies and New Goodies!
February 23, 2016, 2:27 pm
Filed under: Day Rides, Misc

I have to admit, thus far, February has turned into a bit of a disappointment. My intentions to carry on through the month as well, or better than in January have come to naught. It’s already the 23rd of the month and I have less than half the number of rides than I did in January. The fact I had only one ride in the first week of February didn’t help. Then there was another stretch of some 6 days without riding.

That said, I will at least break the 56-ish miles from February 2015 which makes it more likely the miles for my ‘best ever year’ can be broken. Mileage from last month more than quadrupling that of January 2015 is also a huge boost.

The very next day after my last post on Feb 12th, we headed out for the next ride.

Between the 9th and the 12th, the weather couldn’t make up its mind how it wanted to go. One day would be almost silly warm and raining. The next would be in the mid 20’s and blowing around with snow.

Around the 12th and through the 13th, it had swung more firmly toward ‘winter’. When I crawled out of bed that morning, it was still gray and snowing, about 28 F. I relaxed and just puttered around for a while. By the time I got moving to ready for a ride, the snow had stopped and clouds were breaking apart.

Blue sky and hint of sun! Yay!

Blue sky and hint of sun! Yay!

I hadn’t been feeling 100% physically though I was determined it not hinder me. The sight of the emerging sun and growing patches of blue bolstered my mood. The thought of riding through a world made fresh and new with 2 inches of new snow as well as potential sunny blue skies made the task of shoveling said snow from the ramp less onerous.

Doubts it would be a good ride nagged as snow flew and asphalt appeared so I could hopefully get up the ramp without breaking knees, tailbone or neck while wearing cycle shoes. But, I wouldn’t know if I didn’t at least try. Besides, the way Loke yodeled and stamped his feet as I labored, I think he would have dragged me back to the trike by the ankles if I attempted to go back to the car without a ride.

Turned glorious!

Turned glorious!

Loke bounced in kangaroo fashion on hind legs as I clipped in and then we were off. By the time we reached the bridge spanning the 55, doubts had flown away in tatters like the clouds. While not exactly energetic, I found reserves of strength and stamina as long as I wasn’t pushing for crazy cadence.

By time we’d covered a mile, there was hardly a cloud to be seen as the promise of azure heavens above fresh snow unfolded. There was scarcely any wind to be felt, except what we generated ourselves. My weather app said it was about 30 F though the Garmin’s temp display read 24 F.

That quickly, it became a waste to do a measly 5-6 miles and go back indoors.

Loke’s enthusiasm had tempered a bit while cruising along the River. Just another humdrum, over-done section of paths for him. When we came up to Gamla Uppsala Road and continued north, his interest was rekindled. He threw his weight into the harness as we made the turn past the mosque toward Gamla Uppsala.

I may not be fond of the way to and from Gamla Uppsala, but I never tire of place itself. With the fresh white blanket and skies that had turned so completely clear, I made the turn and crossed the tracks to view the mounds in such glorious conditions.

I never tire of this place.

I never tire of this place.

With the new snow mantle draped over them, I was surprised that there was not a single soul flying down them on a sled. The sight of them nearly untouched for once made me smile.

Rather than turn back directly down the hill, I took us past the mounds to do a loop back to the tracks by going around the back of the old church. Just something a little different.

The clouds were hiding behind the trees! Sneaky!

The clouds were hiding behind the trees! Sneaky!

Once we came back to Vattholma Road and turned away from Uppsala, Loke reached new heights of joy and energy. There’s a bit of a descent of almost half a mile from Gamla Uppsala to where the tracks, for now cross Vattholma Road. The fuzzy wanted to fly down the cycle path and I gave in, allowing our speed to tip a bit over 12 mph. As he loped along, his tongue flopped gleefully in that signature husky grin and he did something he’s not done in quite a while. He canted his head to look at me as he ran.

Loke used to do it a lot when he was younger. Something about his expression, the angle of his ears, gleam in his eyes and tilt of the head combined with that flopping tongue makes me laugh. It pops into my head that he’s saying, ‘Wheeeeeee!!! Isn’t this great?!’ or perhaps a joyful challenge of, ‘Is this all you got?’

I hadn’t realized how little he does it now and how much I loved it until that moment. I love this dog.

At the bottom of the descent, we had to stop and wait for a train. Loke cutely put his head on my arm to give me ‘pitiful puppy’ eyes and wagged his tail. Love. This. Dog.

Past the train and tracks, we made the turn toward Vittulsberg. The cycle paths, streets, and roads closer in to the city had been mostly slush thanks to the sun shining through the snow and making the asphalt warm enough to melt it in spite of sub-freezing temps. It was probably helped along with lots of salt on the paths and heat of car tires on the roads. The slush, by the way, showed me that I need a new 26″ rear tire for winter as the studs are too worn for traction.

If riding on snowy roads, this is pretty close to perfect.

If riding on snowy roads, this is pretty close to perfect.

Once we were on the smaller country road, the surface became one of packed snow. Suited me fine! It was just solid enough to not require titanic effort to roll over and just soft enough to smooth out the vibration of the studs and tread of the chunky tires. It also brought out the husky best in Loke who pulled like a freight engine with that happy, tongue-floppy grin.

A runestone somewhere down there. I'll find it one day.

A runestone somewhere down there. I’ll find it one day.

The Vaksala/Granby Loop used to be one of our favorites, back when I was younger and before the stroke slowed me down even more than age and an aging husky. We used to fly along the small rolling hills between Vattholma Road and the 288. The pretty scenery even when there’s no snow, the horses.

Just everything on either side of that stretch, accounting for 80% of the ride, is ‘ehhh’, especially without snow. It takes a bit more mental effort to take such routes when I’m so much slower than pre-stroke. Stuck looking at the boring stuff for sooo much longer now.

In spite of my recent epiphany about what trikes have brought into my life, the fact I never know if a ride is going to be complete hell or heaven from a physical stand point can make convincing myself to do ‘hamster-track’ rides even more challenging. Kinda like swimming laps in a pool only you may or may not have to deal with a cramp in one calf while trying to paddle tediously along.

More snowy road perfection!

More snowy road perfection!

Barn, snow, and trees. How post-card!

Barn, snow, and trees. How post-card!

It was nice after the ride on the 9th being such a pain (literally), that the ride on the 13th was awesome and had gorgeous weather and snow to boot!

Being along one of my more favorite stretches of road, I relaxed. I didn’t stress about time or speed or cadence. I simply breathed in the sense of feeling physically okay for the most part and enjoyed pedaling in the company of cycle partner. Nothing back at home demanded my attention so if I was happy in the moment, the only thing to do was savor it.

As we came up to the area with barns and pastures for horses, change was in the air. More clouds were scudding in from the west with a bit of wind. The sun’s warmth dimmed and I finally had to turn on the foot-warmers.

This is 'new'. The barn, not the husky ears.

This is ‘new’. The barn, not the husky ears.

Horses were out in the paddocks and pasture. Some ran up to the fence to trot along with us for as far as they could. Others ran away to the back of their space to watch warily.

As we came up to the 288, I glanced at the Garmin and realized it was potentially possible to accomplish 2 things at one go. Two birds with one stone.

The first was to double the month’s total mileage with just the one ride. All I needed was 17 miles. I was coming up on about 12 miles with a minimum of 2 more to the storage. Secondly, anything over 16.6 miles would make it the longest ride of 2016.

Here it comes!

Here it comes!

Alas, circumstances turned against me. As I made the arduous (for me) climb on the cycle path aside the 288 from Jarla to Vaksala, the sun disappeared further and winds kicked up fiercely. The clouds appeared a bit strange and I realized it wasn’t because of the way they looked, but rather the dense haze of snow being blown before them. Reminded me of a wispy version of an oncoming desert sandstorm.

It hit with the flakes formed mostly into stinging pellets. Loke and I both put our heads down and pushed on.

That alone wouldn’t have been enough to stop me from adding the miles. Just as the wind was at the most chilling, the batteries in my footwarmers died. Both of them. Way too soon I might add! They’d hardly been used since the last charge! My Garmin’s temp displayed 20 F.

With the sun gone and the wind racing in from the left where the fairing did little to block it, my feet became chilled. The tips of my big toes started to ache, then downright hurt. Nope! Wasn’t going to push the edge of frost bite even for double mileage and longest ride of 2016. I needed to get back to the storage though calling Jens to save my feet wasn’t out of the realm of possibility either. Or parking at the mall so I could run in and let the tootsies thaw at the very least.

Loke loved this part.

Loke loved this part.

Once we reached the mall area, things weren’t quite so desperate. My toes were still very uncomfortable but with trees and buildings shielding me from the worst of the wind, the pain mostly ebbed.

It also helped that the sun came out a little bit after the wall of snow blasted through. Not enough to extend the ride, but I didn’t need to call for help.

We rolled back to the storage with 14.3 miles. So frustrating to be so close and yet so far to the double accomplishment. Still, it had been a good ride and further out on the hamster track than I’ve been going. Would have been lovely to get those last 2.7 miles. As it was, I couldn’t get into the storage and swap to my snuggly warm Icebug boots fast enough.

His daddy wasn't a glass maker...

His daddy wasn’t a glass maker…

14+ miles was one of our longer rides of the year, but still wasn’t enough to satisfy the fuzzy one. He blundered around in his cone, trying to play with a ball and then came over to stare at me or pester Jens. I was perfectly content to be settled on the couch watching a movie under blankets with a couple cups of nice, hot rooibos tea. At one point, the furball even decided to hop up on the couch and plop his furry tail right on my hips. Instead of looking at a TV screen, I found myself staring at the back of a husky with a cone around his head.

I suppose it could have been the itching that wouldn’t let him settle down. Personally, I think he was just letting me know that my efforts fell short of his expectations.

Valentine’s day passed quietly. Another 3 or more inches of snow had come down overnight. In the spirit of spending the day together, Jens and I opted for a walk. I would have considered a ride except for the fact the batteries of the footwarmers refused to charge.

The 1 mile walk about killed me. At least the last half mile did, but the snowscape around Fullerö burial ground was breathtaking and completely worth the torment I suffered struggling back to the car. Cursed post-stroke symptoms…

After the Valentine’s day walk, I spent the 15th trying to recover from it. I really wasn’t feeling great and not just from flouncing through the snow. I felt drained from more than that. A persistent cough and confounded by muscle and headache plagued me. Sounds like a cold, but it didn’t feel like one. Was just miserable.

In spite of it, I pushed myself out the door on the 16th to shovel snow before it got too deep so perhaps I could ride on the 17th.

The ride didn’t happen. I was feeling worse, so let Jens take the car. Also, Loke started scratching more furiously. Right at 8 am, I called the vet clinic, expecting to make an appointment for the next day or the one after. They had a slot at 10:30 open. My FIL kindly picked us up and drove us around.

The vet still thought it might be related to the antibiotics. I did convince her to at least take a scraping and look for yeast. She found nothing again. To give some relief, she recommended an OTC cream for humans she’d read did well for itchy dogs and would be okay if he licked it as well as cortisone pills on a reducing course.

The cortisone helped, but didn’t completely ease Loke’s symptoms enough to be trusted without the cone for long. Even on the full dose, he’d occasionally get to scratching.

Loke’s itchy misery made me feel bad for not riding more. About the only time he had some kind of peace was out on walks, which I can’t do much of, or running with the trike, which hadn’t been happening very often thanks to me being under the weather. Poor fuzzy.

Finally fed up with the itch, I decided to make an appointment with the doggie dermatologist we first visited back in 2014. The last time we saw her was because Loke was having so many infections in his feet as well as the same itchy mouth as he currently suffers from. After a few visits as well as the prick tests to see see what environmental allergens he suffered from, birch/hazel and his own skin flora among them, he’d had almost 2 full years with no foot infections until the one that cropped up in December. A minor miracle.

I expected to be told, ‘We have a time on March 30th’ or the like, but instead the receptionist said, ‘Would 9:30 am Monday, the 22nd be good?’

Would it EVER!

The next ride didn’t happen until the Friday the 19th. I still felt pretty lousy, but with 5 full days of no running and the fact Jens had booked tickets for ‘Deadpool’, Loke desperately needed a run. I mean, he’s itchy but otherwise perfectly healthy. Eats like a starving elephant, bounces off the walls (literally with the cone), and is bright-eyed and bushy tailed.

I felt a bit despairing as Jens drove me to the storage. We’d had yet more snow, almost 5 inches of it. Wet snow as it hovered just above freezing. I hadn’t the strength to shovel the walk. The compromise to the problem of dealing with snow and cycle shoes was Jens would push the trike up for me, sparing me the shoveling or risking a broken neck.

As we pulled into the drive, I was amazed to see that his help wasn’t needed. All the ramps to other units were buried under the soggy white stuff. A 4 foot wide strip, completely free of any ice or snow, led right down (or up) to our unit. Recently done too as the ridges where it had been piled to either side looked unsettled or melted. I narrowed my eyes at Jens, “Did you ask one of your brothers-in-law to do this?”

He was just as baffled as I was. Snow imps doing me a favor perhaps? I don’t know who or why just our patch, but I was very grateful.

Loke was raring to go once I had the trike at the top of the slope. While fastening on my helmet, he let go with a shocking loud bark that made me jump. I was stunned. When getting ready to run with the trike, Loke may woof and yodel, or even whine, but he is not a barker. I think he’s only given a full on bark 3 times in his life. For a husky, Loke is practically mute.

The weather was being indecisive again as we rolled out, sun or no sun. The temp was a mild 33 F and I hoped I wouldn’t have to test my footwarmers. I’d spent 2 days trying to get them charged, swapping the charger cables between them every time I walked past.

For Loke’s sake I decided to give a purpose to the ride to help focus me to push for more than a measly 4 miles. The American food store was my goal. Here in Sweden, movie theaters don’t care if you bring in snacks and drinks. They carry a pretty limited selection of both actually. So, I’d pick up a few special goodies for the movie. It would mean something yummy during ‘Deadpool’ and Loke would get more miles. Win-win!

Protected from the bike's wheels.

Protected from the bike’s wheels.

The furry did his best to pull us fast down the first bit of road. Our speed remained only moderate even without me touching the brakes. The inches of snow hadn’t been plowed on that street and the meager traffic on it had served to give it the texture of wet, churned sand. A hindrance to non-motorized rolling.

He spurred to greater efforts when we came up on a man and his dog we’ve seen before. On a bike, the man has a little single wheeled attachment to the side with a basket on top and space for his little friend to be tethered underneath. I’ve seen them a couple times. I was finally able to click a quick photo, content that his face wasn’t visible in the image.

Given that I still felt sick from whatever I suffered from, it didn’t impact my pedaling as much as expected. Because of that, I decided to take the longer route to the downtown area to add a mile or two. More than that would risk not getting back home in time for the movie, but even that small amount would be nice to Loke.

So, off we went onto the cycle way that goes by an old vicarage at the edges of Uppsala. It not a bad stretch. Away from traffic, along fields and through patches of woods at the fringes of residential plots.

"I wanna chase the bunny!!"

“I wanna chase the bunny!!”

Loke had a moment as we rolled by one bit of park land. A hare sprang from cover and went bounding through the snow. He watched it go forlornly.

Not setting any speed records, but given the conditions, I made respectable time. Soon we were rolling by the cluster of university buildings and zipping briskly downhill toward the hospital. There’s a daycare at one corner and every time the tykes are out when we pass, it’s quite a stir. Little faces bright with smiles and curiosity as they run along the fence, calling out questions. The main one of course is ‘Vad heter din hund?!’ (What is your dog named?)

Dog’s everywhere, but it’s the dog they want to know about rather than the weird bike. Bless them.

Speaking of dogs, I dub the ride on February 19th ‘The Puppy’ ride. Over the duration of it, I crossed paths with over a dozen puppies. The most ever! Three Golden Retrievers with different owners, but looked to all be about 3 months old so might be siblings. A pair of standard poodles with one couple. A french bull dog puppy. Another couple had a pair of huskies, one about 8-9 months old, the other not more than 4 months. The huskies made me squee with glee.

The rest were unusual breeds that I’d never seen puppies of. A Welsh Corgi that was just too cute to be real. A Basenji puppy I would have loved to say hello to as they’re a breed I’ve been drawn to, but at just 9 weeks old, the owner wanted to wait until she’d had more vaccinations before being closely exposed to other dogs. I’ve only seen 3 real life Basenjis ever so the puppy was a special treat. The last 2 were Salukis pups.

I guess February is ‘run out and get a puppy’ month. Maybe Valentine Day gifts?

So, anyway, we passed the daycare and scooted across the intersection near the hospital. The past year or more has seen constant construction on a 200 yard stretch of road beside the hospital grounds. A few times, there’s been barely enough space to squeeze by with Loke. Apparently, they are now done for the moment. The holes and barricades were gone leaving just the open cycle/pedestrian path down beside the street all the way down the long hill.

A 'Quick Cycle' Route to help with zipping through a section of Uppsala.

A ‘Quick Cycle’ Route to help with zipping through a section of Uppsala.

As we went along, I was surprised to see a cycle route sign on one of the poles. I’d never seen this type of sign before or even knew there was a route through this portion of Uppsala. I was curious.

Well, research has revealed, it’s just short route and the sign designates it was a ‘snabbtcykleled’ (Fast/Quick Cycle Route). This particular one is roughly 4 km (less than 3 miles) long and serves to help cyclists get through a portion of Uppsala more quickly and safely. Awesome!

Loke and I rolled past the hospital and the outdoor bandy court where a pair of zambonis puttered along to resurface the ice. Not sure if it was in preparation of a game or just to let the public in to skate.

Looking upstream toward downtown.

Looking upstream toward downtown.

Just beyond the courts, we slowed to take the sharp turn through the little park toward the river where the cycle/pedestrian drawbridge spans it. Loke sighed at me when I stopped to look at the various tallies.

Last year had 938,000+ crossings. This year was running a bit behind with barely 100,000 so far. Admittedly, winter isn’t exactly the season for bike riding. People do it, but fewer of them. It will be interesting to see if it will break 1 million this year. I’ll do my part on occasion. After all, the fruit stand will be opening in a couple months giving me another purpose to roll this route.

The fuzzy sighed again when I insisted on stopping to photograph the frozen river from the middle of the bridge. Toward downtown, the river was moving briskly enough to be free of ice, but at this end where a few older ships have docked for the winter, ice still dominated.

He's mostly white under all that, I promise!

He’s mostly white under all that, I promise!

I found goodies at the shop and then we scurried home uneventfully.

We rolled back into the storage with 9.45 miles. Loke also had a couple pounds of black muck and water in the fur of his legs and tummy. I had a few minutes to try drying him off with a spare towel while waiting for Jens to make the short trip from apartment to the storage. It’s kinda like trying to sop up a lake with washcloth.

The wet might not get down to his skin, but it still holds a lot of it like a sponge. Hard to believe he was at the groomer not too long ago!

No, I'm not using the snow and asphalt to scratch... really!

No, I’m not using the snow and asphalt to scratch… really!

Once the towel was so wet as to be useless, I stepped out and locked up to wait for Jens in the parking. Free to move around, Loke promptly found a patch of wet snow that hadn’t been churned by feet or shoveling and promptly face planted into it. He does this in grass or snow, to cool off or maybe just because it feels good. This time, I suspect it had as much to do with scratching his itchy self as anything.

From there it was back home where I rushed to get ready for the movie. I hadn’t needed my footwarmers at all.

Much to my surprise, I liked “Deadpool”. I really expected it to irritated me, but no.

February 20th and 21st, I felt even worse. Couldn’t stop the dry itch my throat that made me cough though I seemed to have absolutely no congestion. I felt so drained and weak I could barely stay awake. I spent most of those 2 days curled up on the couch, doing as little as possible.

Monday, the 22nd, I woke and felt almost human. An unfamiliar sensation after more than a week of feeling somewhere between crap and hell. Jens was able to schedule working from home so he could drive Loke and I to the animal clinic in Stockholm.

We made it there about half an hour early, but still only waited for 15 min before being shown to an exam room and the vet came in before I even sat down in a chair to wait.

There was another vet with her, a very nice Russian woman who was with the clinic for a few months thanks to an exchange program.

So, we did a quick review to clarify whatever details Loke’s records didn’t show. Clearly Katarina had extensively read through his file though it lacked the recent records from the local clinic. She even knew about his 5 day stay in the animal hospital last year and the tumor in November.

After I explained, they got to work. They poked at his mouth, pulled at his lips to get as close a look as they could. Then they started yanking out tiny patches of hair from the affected areas to examine under the microscope.

It turned out the scheduling of Loke’s appointment had been fortuitous. Katarina had been back in Sweden for less than a month. For most of 2015, she’d been in California with the same exchange program that had the Russian vet visiting.

Though the local vet had found nothing in the way of yeast, Katarina did. About 8 kinds, she said and in larger than standard concentrations. In a normal dog, she wouldn’t have thought it enough to cause problems, but given Loke’s very sensitive to it (reacted almost as strongly as the control), she felt pretty confident it was his issue. After being on antibiotics for a month, she wanted to treat it topically, a choice I agreed with heartily.

So, back to Uppsala we went with a prescription for an ointment I have to work into the skin all around his mouth, twice daily.

While Jens ran in to Granby shopping center to pick up lunch and Loke’s meds, he got a text that a package was waiting for him at another local grocery. When he came out, he asked what had I purchased from Amazon. I’d not gotten anything from on-line in ages so had no clue.

So, it was off to pick up the mystery package.

New lights!

New lights!

It turned out to be a surprise from Jens. While he was in Denmark earlier in the month, he’d ordered me a set of cycle lights since the rear light of my current set had been snatched when I was putting my helmet on after going into a shop. Apparently, the shop he’d ordered it from used Amazon to send them though it hadn’t gone through Amazon. He’d never mentioned that he’d bought them.

These lights aren’t just any ol’ blinkers. They’re rechargeable via micro-USB and carry a warning about looking directly into them because they are so bright. They’re controlled via smartphone app which commands blink pattern, brightness, battery levels, and more. It can even alert a contact if you crash or serve as a alarm if someone mucks with your bike.

Not sure how much alarm use I can get out of them since I’m sure Loke pulling on his tether when I’m darting into a shop would set it off.

They’re apparently new on the market and Jens said they expect to release some additional mounts for it sometime this year.

That’s good, because the current method is rather limited and probably a bit of a challenge on my trike.

Once we were home and medication applied for the first time, I started getting ready for a ride. I felt pretty good and wasn’t going to waste the opportunity.

It was almost jinxed.

All morning, it had been rain free even if murky and gray. Temperature was about 38 F which had removed 90% of snow from anything resembling a paved surface. I felt good and Loke, of course, can run forever. The sun had even peeked out a couple times.

By the time I was dressed and went to walk out with Loke, the weather had turned. We stepped out of the building into rain. A light rain, but at 38 F, miserable once my wool got wet. I stood under the awning for a moment to contemplate going back in. One look into brown husky eyes, shining with expectation forced me on. I hunched my shoulders as we walked to the car.

Just on the short drive from apartment to storage, it went from rain, to snow, to rain and then a rain/snow mix.

The clouds were pretty clumpy, so I thought, hoped, it would be brief or decide on just snow at the very least. I sat down to wait a few minutes.

It paid off. 10 minutes later, I pushed the trike out with not a raindrop or snowflake to be seen.

Some clouds in the area still looked threatening, so I decided not to head off across the countryside. Though we’d done the Downtown Uppsala Loop just a couple days before, I set out on it again. I toyed with the idea of adding mileage by going toward Vaksala church and Granby mall.

My motivation this time was the fact I felt the best I’d been in over a week. So, it wasn’t too much of a hardship even with the tedium of the local hamster-track.

As I came across the river again (forgot to look at the new total crossings), I changed my mind about the extra distance other than what I’d added at the start. The weather was just looking to worrying particularly since it had gone from 38 F to 34 F.

That change took me by the mall with the American food store. As I passed by it, there was a knock on the glass and I looked over to see the owner, Charles, waving at me with a grin.

It’s been months since I’ve seen him! Of course, I had to run in to catch up a bit though I’d not planned to stop.

I kept an eye on Loke and the trike through the window. He saw me and gave me dirty looks on occasion. After catching up with Charles, I went back out to discover why Loke had been looking so irritated. It had actually rained a bit. Both the husky and my seat were damp along with water speckles on the fairing.

As we rolled along back to the storage, it remained dry. I parked the trike with 10.5 miles. Not bad at all. I’d felt no pain, good energy and decent strength. Actually a good ride even if not the most mentally stimulating terrain.

As for Loke’s itch? I gave him another anointing of ointment before bed last night. When I woke this morning and bullied him out of the bedroom with me so he could be freed of the cone, I realized, he’d not scratched even once during the night. Actually, he’d hardly moved! I’m a light sleeper so, am generally aware when he moves let alone scratches at the cone. After waking both Jens and I 4 times the previous night, that’s a huge improvement! Jens especially. That man can sleep through bombs.

When I applied the medication this morning though, I noticed the irritation is more extensive than even the dermatologist realized. On the left side, there’s a strip that runs up from the corner of his mouth to just below his eye. Might need more ointment.

Clearly though, he’s feeling better. He’s been sleeping like a log all day, I think because the constant itch had been keeping him from relaxing for so long.

Fingers crossed the trend continues!


Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: